Text size: A | A | A High contrast: On Off
 


HOME SAFETY
Alzheimer's & Dementia
Bathroom
Bedroom
Kitchen & Dining
Living Room - Any Room
Smart Home
Stairs
Outdoors - Wandering

Electrical

5 Hazards for Serious Fires or Shock
1.Overloaded outlets
2.Wrong extension cord used for high wattage appliance
3.Old, frayed wires, especially under carpets
4.Flammables on top of cords
5.Exposed outlets & electric shock

Hover over a hazard above for safety solutions.


Narration
Electrical outlets and extension cords can present hazards for serious fire and shock. For example, as you can see in this photo, a regular extension cord is used for the space heater - a very high wattage appliance - which can cause a serious fire. Hover over any of the hazards for practical solutions to these problems.


© Weill Cornell Medical College | Contact Us | Disclaimer | Share/Bookmark