The world is full of different types of exercise machines. There are treadmills, stationary bikes, rowing machines, and more. But it is hard to argue with a good elliptical machine that offers a variety of benefits for health and getting in shape. If you are looking into buying an elliptical yourself or need tips on what models to buy, you’ve come to the right place.
Elliptical machines are designed to simulate stair climbing and cross-country skiing in order to strengthen a person’s leg muscles and improve cardiovascular health. Smooth and well-balanced motion reduces the impact on your knees, ankles and hips which makes elliptical machines a good choice for those who have had joint problems in the past or who want to avoid future injuries.
This low impact exercise is usually an excellent choice for seniors who suffer from joint pain or other ailments that prevent them from participating in other forms of cardiovascular exercise.
Elliptical machines are popular for two main reasons:
- They offer a low-impact workout, meaning there’s less wear and tear on joints.
- They’re versatile and can be used for a variety of workouts.
But which type of elliptical machine is the best? The answer to this question will depend on many factors, including your fitness goals, home functionality, budget and more. To best determine the best elliptical within your needs, we have made a shortlist of 15:
1. SCHWINN 470 Fitness Elliptical
The SCHWINN 470 combines a precision tread belt and a super low-impact elliptical motion to provide the perfect cardio exercise for all fitness levels. With Bluetooth connectivity, this machine also provides access to world-class training programs. Custom workouts can be designed, stored and executed from the console. In addition to Bluetooth capabilities, the 470 can store up to 40 user-created exercise programs. The built-in USB port allows users to easily upload personal music files.
This elliptical trainer features top-of-the-line components for a comfortable and controlled workout. A convenient fan, Media Shelf and mp3 input port also enhance the experience. In-console speakers, workout statistics and dual-track LCD displays keep track of progress.
With 29 workout programs, 12 profiles, 9 heart rate control modes, 4 custom workouts and 2 fitness tests you’ll never get bored!
2. NICEDAY Cross Trainer Elliptical Machine
The NICEDAY Treadmill Elliptical Combo Machine is perfect for low-impact workouts in spaces with limited room. It’s also small enough to be used in gyms or fitness clubs to diversify your workout routine. This hybrid machine has an ergonomic design with larger pedals, a handlebar for added stability, and resistance control.
This machine is suitable for those with knee pain or other minor injuries. It has a digital monitor displaying time, speed, distance and calories burned, as well as pulse rate. It can accommodate users from 4’9″ to 6’2″. It also comes with 2 transport wheels at the base to make it easy for you to move it around.
There are 16 levels of resistance, capable of giving you a tough challenge, but not over-straining your joints or muscles. You can gradually increase your workload by changing the intensity level until you are at your desired fitness level.
3. BODY RIDER BR1830 Body Flex Sports Elliptical Exercise Machine
The Body Rider BR1830 is a high-performance treadmill elliptical machine with an interactive screen and a digital display. This small and portable machine is compact in design but provides powerful workout capabilities and overall convenience in weight, design, and operation. Features include:
- This trainer offers an incline of 0% to 15%, which lets you change the level of resistance easily.
- The console screen shows time, distance traveled on the last jog or cycle, speed achieved, and the number of calories burned during the session.
- It’s also compatible with a smartwatch device such as Apple Watch.
- This device comes with an exercise video that teaches you how to use the machine – it can be used for walking, jogging, running, cycling, and stair climbing.
- The dimensions are 38.58″ L x 9.06″ W x 24.8″ H
4. BODY POWER BST800 2-in-1 Elliptical Stepper Trainer
The BODY POWER BST 800 is a powerful and sturdy piece of exercise equipment that is perfect for your home, apartment, or fitness room. It will help you get in shape and ensure you’ll be working every muscle group effectively.
It works simultaneously for both elliptical and stepper workouts to fulfil your fitness needs. It functions like an elliptical or stepper machine to increase your general fitness levels and calorie burn rate. The machine tracks and displays all your progress in time, speed, distance, and calories burned on the LCD screen.
You can vary the intensity of your exercise at any given time. This machine is small enough to fit in a normal-size apartment or even a small home gym.
It has a weight capacity of 250 pounds and can be used in an incline position to target your lower abs. It’s got curve-crank technology that eliminates dead zones when you’re exercising, 8 levels of resistance control, and a quiet and smooth heavy-weight flywheel.
5. SNODE E16 Magnetic Elliptical Machine
The SNODE E16’s has 8 levels of adjustable magnetic resistance, so no matter what type of intensity you’re looking for it won’t fail to provide you with a challenging workout. The magnetic control system is also very responsive and smooth, ensuring that exercising is always comfortable and easy on the joints.
The LCD digital monitor provides detailed information about your workout. You can easily track distance and speed, as well as calories burned and time. It features heavy-duty construction, which means you won’t need to worry about it breaking down anytime soon and a user weight capacity of 265 lbs.
This elliptical also has large non-slip pedals to prevent slippage. It also has floor stabilizers for extra stability. The machine is both portable and easy to move.
6. SCHWINN 411 Compact Fitness Elliptical Machine
SCHWINN 411 is a new combination of a treadmill and an elliptical machine. It can be used as a treadmill for low-impact cardio workouts or as an elliptical for incline workouts. Features of this device are:
- It has an 18″ stride length, which is long enough for runners.
- This machine displays time, speed, distance, calories burned and heart rate.
- It also has 16 levels of variable resistance.
- The console is streamlined for easy access via a digital display and a media rack.
- Its elliptical flywheel design makes for a smooth yet stable transition from walking or running to pedaling.
- With an automatic incline setting that adapts to your speed, you can run on flat, incline or decline.
- It features a water bottle holder so you can stay hydrated.
7. SUNNY HEALTH & FITNESS SF-E3875 Electric Elliptical Trainer Machine
The SF-E3875 is designed with 16 levels of resistance and a smooth adjustment knob that allows you to fine-tune your workout. With this machine, there’s no need to take short breaks — even if you work up a sweat, the SF-E3875 will automatically adjust its resistance level as needed. You can program individual workouts using preset programs or create custom sessions. The treadmill’s LCD display is where you’ll enter your data such as weight, BMI, and heart rate.
The large textured floor plates give you great traction and security, and the large step plates make transitions from one level of resistance to the next easier.
Best of all, this device has an automatic motor that keeps things running smoothly. If you’re in a weight training mode, the motor will automatically adjust to offer you the level of resistance that will maximize your workout. You can also manually adjust your workout if you prefer. It has a stride length of 19.5 inches which accommodates most users and boasts 24 preset workouts that can power your fitness routine.
8. PROFORM PFEL09915 Cardio HIIT Trainer
The PROFORM PFEL09915 treadmill elliptical combo machine has many features that make it a great computerized elliptical. It has a 7 inches backlit display on the console, 32 workout apps and 24 resistance levels. The console also has a 5-inch elliptical stepping path and a 10-inch vertical climbing path. This machine is iPod compatible. Integrated handle controls are included with this product and its commercial-grade steel construction gives you that extra sturdy.
The device has multi-function handlebars that allow you to work your arms at the same time. A cool air workout fan is included with this elliptical machine. It has oversized cushioned pedals that help you get the most out of your workout.
There is a water bottle holder on the top. Transport wheels are included, which allows owners to move the machine very easily. The maximum weight capacity is 350 pounds.
9. MERACH 526D Hyper Quiet Elliptical Exercise Machine
The MERACH 526D is a powerhouse fitness machine. With its adjustable magnetic resistance, it’s perfect for beginners or athletes. Features include:
- The 20 lbs flywheel ensures a quiet workout.
- It offers all the necessary training metrics that you need to keep track of pulse rate, speed, distance and calories burned.
- You can also find out how many miles per hour you’re pedaling in real-time by looking at the LCD monitor.
- It’s made of heavy-duty stainless steel and its weight capacity is 350 lbs.
- It has a wide adjustable stride that can suit any user, from short to tall trainers with heights of 5′ to 6′.
- The machine comes with non-slip handlebars, large pedals, and transportation wheels.
- With its adjustable resistance levels, you can change the intensity of your workouts.
10. SUNNY HEALTH & FITNESS SF-E320002 Pre-Programmed Elliptical Trainer
The Sunny Health and Fitness SF-E320002 is the perfect complement to your exercise routine. It offers busy people a high-quality elliptical machine that can be used at home or in a small office with minimal floor space. This fitness machine has 6 progressive resistance levels and 24 elliptical training programs including manual mode, allowing users to choose their own resistance level and speed for workouts.
The exercise machine is also strong enough for users of up to 285 pounds. It has a stylish black finish with an optional cork back brace for an extra level of comfort.
Additionally, the SF-E320002 features wireless heart rate sensors for monitoring workout intensity, a digital monitor and extra wide foot pedals with a textured surface. It also comes with transport wheels for easy mobility, and floor stabilizers to ensure safety.
11. BOWFLEX M8 Max Trainer
The BOWFLEX M8 is a dual-function, elliptical cross-trainer that offers both comfort and performance. The low impact, natural feel of the front rail allows for workouts for all fitness levels. With personal coaching technology, Bluetooth heart rate compatible, extra-wide textured foot pedals, floor stabilizers and transport wheels – this is something you will enjoy.
The full-color backlit display of this machine also monitors heart rate. It is designed to automatically adjust in real-time, based on your performance level. There are no set speeds to follow, so you can work out at your own pace. In fact, the BOWFLEX M8 features a patented auto-adjust feature that increases resistance during exercise when you need it most for maximum results.
Lastly, you will also find integrated feedback touchpoints and a multi-grip handle that provides added stability and balance.
12. NAUTILUS E618 Elliptical Trainer
The NAUTILUS E618 opens up a new world of fitness possibilities with its dynamic features. This treadmill elliptical combo machine is outfitted with Bluetooth compatibility and syncs with popular fitness apps. Some of the features are:
- With 29 preset programs for heart rate training, interval training, and weight loss, this device is ready to go.
- It comes with a wireless heart-rate chest strap, LCD console display, 22” precision stride length, moving and static padded handlebars, non-slip handlebars, floor stabilizers, transport wheels for convenient transport and an easy to adjust incline from 0-10 per cent.
- The weight capacity is up to 350 pounds.
- It measures 27” W x 73” L x 67’H that won’t take up valuable space.
- With its plethora of features, the NAUTILUS E618 provides an unending number of workouts for all fitness levels.
13. SNODE E20I Elliptical Exercise Machine
The SNODE E20I treadmill elliptical machine is the answer to all your fitness needs. It’s a functional and versatile workout tool that you can use for targeting all major muscle groups. This machine offers 16 magnetic resistance levels for a personalized workout and the free Iconsole App is available On iOS/Android – stay connected, track your progress & beat your own personal records.
It has a digital display that lets you know the current speed, the time elapsed and pulse rate during your workout. The machine offers ergonomic handlebars that provide a stable, non-slip grip as you train.
The machine’s crossbar is specially designed to reduce stress and pressure on your joints. The machine has a maximum weight capacity of 265 lbs. With its specially designed footpads, the machine holds your feet in place for a more stable and comfortable workout experience.
14. SUNNY HEALTH & FITNESS SF-E3607 Magnetic Elliptical Bike
This SUNNY HEALTH & FITNESS SF-E3607 treadmill will provide a convenient and effective workout, that make it ideal for beginners. It has well-designed features like anti-slip footpads, and accurate heart rate readings. The max user weight is 220 lbs. It comes with an LCD monitor displaying time, speed, distance, calories burned while using the machine with built-in transportation wheels to ease portability.
The device has 8 levels of adjustable resistance that are designed to meet your needs. This feature can also help the user reach fitness goals.
The SF-E3607 is designed with a natural standing position, allowing you to maintain balance while working out. It has two built-in transportation wheels which make it easier for users to move the machine when necessary. It has two hand pulse sensors that allow you to estimate your heart rate.
15. HIROLLOP Magnetic Resistance Elliptical Trainer
HIROLLOP is one of the few fitness machines that allows you to train both your lower and upper body while toning your muscles at the same time. With a large LCD display, it offers all of the information you need on-screen during your workout, showing time, speed, calories burned, distance covered and heart rate. Features include:
- You can easily design an exercise regimen for yourself.
- Offering 8 levels of magnetic resistance (ranging from easy to difficult), this device has a wide base for more secure stability.
- It has a built-in tablet holder to hold your tablet.
- The heavy flywheel provides extra resistance for your workout.
- The 15-inch non-slip pedals ensure better traction.
- It also supports up to 390lbs of user weight;
- This is great for beginners or experienced athletes who want a reliable workout.