Recumbent exercise bikes are great options for people with injuries, older adults and people who just want to get in shape. Some models have built-in entertainment features.
The seat is adjustable for people of different heights, and these exercise machines are great for people with mobility or balance issues.
There are different types of recumbent exercise bikes, some have arms that allow you to strengthen your biceps and triceps while you exercise.
The good thing about buying a recumbent exercise bike is that it’s easy to use and comfortable.
And the downside? Recumbents are generally more expensive.
In this post, we’re going to highlight some of the best recumbent exercise bikes on the market.
1. MARCY AIR-1 Exercise Upright Fan Bike
MARCY AIR-1 is a high quality, recumbent exercise bike with moving arms. It features a premium steel frame made of 14 gauge steel tubing, which is strong and durable. The handlebars offer comfort and the adjustable foot straps give support to your feet while pedaling. This bike also includes an efficient, powerful air fan that blows cool air over you.
It has a dual-action exercise arm that works your upper body and another one that works your lower body. The two work together. This way you can do all kinds of exercises with the same motion, for a more efficient workout.
It has several adjustable features that help you achieve your fitness goals. The seat and handlebars are adjustable and there are also level adjusters on the bike’s legs for optimum stability.
This recumbent exercise bike has an easy-to-read LCD monitor that displays time, speed, distance, and calories burned. The bike is made of high-quality materials and is built to last. It can hold up to 300 lbs.
2. MARCYPRO JX-7301 Dual Action Cross-Training Recumbent Exercise Bike
The MARCYPRO JX-7301 is a recumbent exercise bike with moving arms, dual-action handlebars, and ergonomic foam handles. It has 8 levels of magnetic resistance. The LCD computer displays time, speed, distance, calories burned and odometer. The comfortable seat and back pad are made of foam padding. This machine is easy to use and move with transport wheels and floor stabilizers for safety purposes.
This bike has an adjustable seat, which can be moved up and down in three different positions.
The MARCYPRO JX-7301 exercise bike is perfect for home use. It’s easy to move and has a weight capacity of 300 lbs. It comes equipped with a drink holder for your beverages.
3. BARWING 16-8-2-3 Foldable Exercise Stationary Bike
The BARWING 16-8-2-3 comes with an LCD screen so that you can view your progress, time spent cycling and speed. And if that isn’t enough then it has an odometer to measure distance traveled. Features include:
- The arm resistance bands provide extra resistance.
- There is an extra ankle strap for safety and stability.
- The bike can be folded and transport wheels make it easy to move.
- The eight-level magnetic resistance provides 16 different levels of pedaling intensity.
- The unit also comes with built-in features such as a phone and a water bottle holder.
- Other great aspects include a heavy-duty steel frame and an X-type design with a weight capacity 300 lbs.
- Seat rails can be positioned at 8 different levels for height as well as 3 different angles for the seat itself.
4. BODY RIDER BRF700 Exercise Upright Fan Bike
BODY RIDER BRF700 is the perfect bike for staying in shape at home. At 41.75″ x 22″ x 46.5″ you can give yourself more space to stretch your legs. The fan flywheel ensures that the bike is quiet and it’s equipped with a powerful fan for extra airflow.
This bike comes with an easy-to-use digital display so you can track calories burned, time spent exercising, and heart rate. You can use the display to track your speed and distance while you exercise. The durable steel frame also gives the bike a sturdy build that can hold up to 250 pounds in total.
The moving arms are designed to help you tone your triceps and shoulders, while the dual-action extended handlebars allow you to reach out further in any direction without straining your back or shoulders. This product is great for those who want to get fit at work or those who want to use it as part of their home gym.
5. JEEKEE Recumbent Exercise Bike for Adults / Seniors
The JEEKEE recumbent exercise bike with moving arms is designed for various fitness levels. It’s 53.5 inch long frame will provide additional space for an individual who is 6’5″. The steel material is strong and durable and its dimensions are 19.3″ W x 53.5″ L x 39″ H.
The 16-levels magnetic resistance mechanism allows you to gradually intensify your workout as you progress through the levels. The dual-belt system offers a total body workout because it engages both upper and lower body muscles. The large seat and backrest will give you a comfortable workout.
The LCD monitor displays data such as heart rate, time, speed, distance, calories burned and odometer. The free-moving arms will help you build endurance while exercising.
6. SCHWINN AD7 Fitness Airdyne Bike
The SCHWINN AD7 recumbent exercise bike offers a high-resolution multi-display console, a comfortable, adjustable seat, a variety of workout options plus heart rate telemetry to help you achieve your fitness goals. This easy start up machine offers a single-stage belt drive system with progressive wind resistance to provide a comfortable riding experience. Some of its features are:
- The perimeter weighted fan generates a cool breeze for comfort.
- It features a variety of workout options, including interval training, to help you achieve your fitness goals.
- The one-piece steel frame provides extra stability and strength.
- The resistance system is efficient and uses a single-stage belt drive.
- There is also an easy-to-read, high-resolution multi-display console that tracks calories burned, heart rate and time.
7. LEIKEFITNESS Fan Exercise Bike
The LEIKEFITNESS recumbent exercise bike is easy to assemble and features smooth movement. This Exercise Bike includes different tension levels, adjustable seat and handlebar, and smooth movements for a comfortable workout experience. It also includes a tablet holder to securely hold your iPad, phone or other device while you’re getting in a workout.
This bike is made of heavy duty steel. The moving arms make it perfect for CrossFit type workouts. It can support up to 280 pounds and a person’s height from 5’3″ to 6’3″. You can track your progress via the included LCD monitor that features four different functions to ensure you’re getting the most out of your workout.
The bike offers a smooth movement and a chain and belt drive mechanism, with the option of either bottle holder or basket holder in the front. The machine includes transport wheels at the back so you can easily move it around when not in use. Dimensions are 51.77 L x 24.02 W x 50 H inches.
8. SUNNY HEALTH & FITNESS SF-RB4708 Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike
The SUNNY HEALTH & FITNESS SF-RB4708 recumbent exercise bike has an adjustable seat and back pad, for a custom fit. This helps make it possible for any user – from beginner to advanced – to begin the journey toward fitness and wellbeing. The 8 levels of magnetic resistance adjust seamlessly to suit any level of user experience.
The digital display tracks speed, time, distance, calories burned and pulse rate. The device holder keeps your phone or MP3 player secure during the workout. This bike comes equipped with non-slip handlebars that easily adjust to suit your personal height.
It has an overall weight capacity of up to 350 lbs. The dimensions are 60 inches long by 25.5 inches wide by 52 inches high. The large, non-slip pedals and straps allow you to exercise while seated.
9. MARCY NS-1000 Exercise Bike with Air Resistance System
The SF-RB4708, by SUNNY HEALTH & FITNESS, is a recumbent exercise bike with moving arms. The air resistance system makes it easy for the user to continue exercising while keeping the body cool. Features include:
- A smooth quiet belt drive that keeps the noise level low.
- The controls are very simple to use, with a digital display of time, distance, speed and calories burned.
- It comes fully assembled and it’s easy to adjust the seat and handlebars.
- The pedals are adjustable, anti-skid and made of composite material with foot straps.
- This bike measures 45.5 inches long by 27.5 inches wide and 49.5 inches high and has a weight of 53 pounds.
- It has a maximum user capacity of 250 pounds, and its frame is constructed from 14-gauge steel tubing for durability.
- The powder-coated finish on the frame increases the lifespan of this bike.
10. SCHWINN AD6 Fitness Airdyne Bike
The SCHWINN AD6 recumbent exercise bike is an intense training machine that will keep you coming back for more. This machine offers an infinite number of levels of challenges because it has a progressive wind resistance system. The frictionless fan keeps the rider cool during workouts, and the RevMeter RPM gauge monitors workout intensity. The seat is also adjustable, ensuring each rider can find their perfect position from start to finish. Transport wheels make it easy to move around the house or gym.
This bike has a heavy-duty metal frame, a high-density foam seat, and a water bottle holder. It has a console that displays speed, calories burned, distance traveled, the time elapsed and much more.
The position of the pedals is ergonomically designed to keep cyclists in a natural and relaxed position. This system is quiet and runs smoothly. The dimensions of this bike are 48 L x 15 W x 27 H inches and a user weight capacity of 300 pounds.
11. BODY POWER BRT5118 3-in-1 Exercise Machine
The BODY POWER BRT5118 recumbent exercise bike with moving arms is a triple-action fitness system that enables you to work out while doing low-impact exercise. It’s a hassle-free transition from an upright/recumbent bike to a stationary elliptical, and vice versa.
With its sophisticated flywheel system and electronic computer console, this bike not only provides 8 levels of magnetic resistance but also tracks calories burned, time spent exercising, speed, distance traveled and more. In addition, this bike is equipped with a heart rate monitor, dual-action handlebars and tension knob.
It’s easy to move from one place to another. The steel frame is sturdy and durable. This product measures 63 L x 25 W x 55 H inches and the user weight capacity is 300 pounds.
12. ATIVAFIT Indoor Cycling Fitness Air Bike
The ATIVAFIT is an excellent exercise bike with moving arms, suitable for both beginner and expert cyclists. The digital monitor keeps you up to date on the distance and speed of your workout by displaying time, distance, speed etc.
- A heavy-duty steel frame that can hold up to 250 lbs., and adjustable seat and handlebars for maximum comfort during workouts
- Comfortable hand grips.
- It has an air resistance system with adjustable levels of resistance.
- The bike features non-slip pedals for safety as well as adjustable foot straps.
- It also comes with a phone holder.
- The dimensions are 54″ x 20.8″ x 39″ and it can hold up to 250 lbs.
13. TEETER LT-1 FreeStep Recumbent Cross Trainer and Elliptical
This bike can help those with Arthritis, Parkinson’s or MS stay active, and is ideal for all fitness levels. It comes with a digital console that tracks time, distance (km), speed (km/h) and calorie burn. This exercise bike comes with transport wheels for easy mobility, a water bottle holder, and an adjustable seat.
The resistance is magnetic with adjustable tension strength. The seat can recline into 3 positions which is great if you are using it for your back or abdominal muscle training. The moving arms are struts that are made out of aluminum, providing a smooth easy glide motion. The link system is friction-free.
The overall dimensions of the bike are 54 L x 29 W x 52.5 H inches and its weight capacity is 300 pounds. The bike is fitted with 2 moving arms that help work out your upper arm muscles.
14. HCI FITNESS PhysioStep HXT Recumbent Semi-Elliptical
The HCI Fitness PhysioStep HXT recumbent exercise bike has 17 built-in programs and 16 levels of resistance, which will help you meet your individual fitness goals. The standard stationary comfort seat will allow you to sit comfortably while pedaling .
It also comes with a contact heart rate sensor and a padded seat and backrest to keep you comfortable. The HCI Fitness PhysioStep HXT is designed for both home and commercial use and can be easily installed with it’s dimensions of 51.97 L x 25 W x 50.98 H inches.
The independent semi-elliptical motion on this recumbent bike gives you a much more natural and fluid workout than a traditional stationary bike. The large footpad and high-quality Velcro straps ensure your comfort and safety. The LCD display allows you to track your speed and distance.
15. SCHWINN AD PRO Fitness Airdyne Bike
SCHWINN AD PRO is a recumbent exercise bike with moving arms. It has high-density foam seating for comfort and a single-stage belt drive for quiet running. Features include:
- The bike’s dimensions are 55 L x 26 W x 53 H inches and it weighs 113 lbs, with transport wheels for easy storage/movement.
- It also has built-in HIIT activities that can help you burn more calories.
- The LCD console of this particular exercise bike is packed with lots of information: heart rate, speed, distance, calories burned and time elapsed.
- Its moving arms help you to achieve better results.
- The bike has progressive wind resistance and a smooth belt drive system .
- It has a double-coated steel body that prevents rusting or corrosion.
- The sleek design accommodates a water bottle holder and a handlebar cover for extra grip.