Do you have a tall mom, dad, grandparent, etc.? Or perhaps you’re a tall person who wants to walk more but needs a sturdy, stable walker to do so?
Tall seniors should look for a walker or mobility device that has an adjustability option or one that suits their specific needs in terms of weight-bearing, height, arm length, etc. This way they know that the device will fit them and that it won’t be a problem with regards to their mobility levels.
How Tall are the Tall Walkers?
Usually, conventional walkers range in height from 22 to 36 inches, while the taller models may easily be modified to 40 inches or even higher.
How to Choose the Best Tall Walker?
The right walker can boost your health, mobility, and quality of life. It’s important to know what you’re looking for in the walker before you purchase one.
What are some factors that you should consider when buying a tall walker?
- The height adjustment features
- The size of the seat
- The weight capacity
- Is it easy to clean
- Does it have any safety features
- Does it have room for storage
- Is the price affordable?
With so many options available, we’ve narrowed it down to just these 15. The following is a list of some of the best walkers for tall seniors from the different categories in the market:
1. DRIVE MEDICAL 10210-1 Deluxe 2-Button Folding Walker
The DRIVE MEDICAL 10210-1 Walker makes for the perfect “walking partner” combination. Whether you are recovering from an injury or surgery or experiencing balance issues due to age, either way, this height-adjustable walker is ready to go at 32″–39”.
This walker’s design is lightweight and surprisingly durable. The aluminum construction is strong and light to keep you moving with ease. There is an easy-to-grip handlebar with push-button controls that makes it simple to use.
Additionally, this walker features u-shaped sidebars. These will help with stability as well as support. It has a rear glide cap that makes it easy to maneuver over unexpected obstacles like rugs or door thresholds.
It has a weight capacity of 350 lbs with wheels that are built to travel over most surfaces. A vinyl contoured handgrip makes it easy to push this walker when you need to get up close with objects in your environment. The product operates using palms or the side of the hand.
2. DRIVE MEDICAL NITRO Euro Style Rollator Walker
The DRIVE MEDICAL Nitro is a complete walker that comes with several features designed for ease of use. The height can be adjusted with the push of a button and it comes with 10″ front casters, which will provide optimal steering and comfort. This walker weighs only 17.5 lbs. It has side-to-side folding, made simple by its lightweight aluminum frame, as well as a removable zippered storage bag. This walker is designed for you to move around with ease.
This walker can move over all surfaces. There are also large front wheels, for more ease of use.
It is the perfect height for most people but is self-adjusting to fit your needs, with the push of a button. Set up in seconds and you can take your walker wherever you go.
The Nitro features a tall, aluminum cross-brace construction that provides structural rigidity and it has an optimal weight capacity of 300 lbs. It has rolled edges that provide protection against bumps and scrapes. It is lightweight, yet still sturdy enough to handle most people’s needs.
3. INVACARE 66550 Bariatric Walker with Flip-Up Padded Seat
The INVACARE 66550 is the ultimate height adjustable walker for anyone. Features include:
- The height-adjustable handle accommodates users from 5’8″ to 6’5″tall.
- Its padded flip-up seat offers superior support.
- You’ll love how easy it is to use with foam hand grips.
- The walker has large 8” wheels that are perfect for navigating over any terrain.
- Its folding design makes for super convenient storage and easy transport.
- This walker is designed with a reinforced steel frame that has a weight capacity of up to 500lb.
- It includes a pouch for convenient storage.
- The walker is easy-to-use thanks to the loop brakes, which ensure safety.
- It has an overall height of 38 inches tall and an 18” seat width.
- This walker’s weight is 26 pounds when assembled, but can fold down for improved storage and transport.
- INVACARE 66550 is versatile and can be used at home or when traveling.
4. MEDLINE MDS86870W Momentum Rollator Walker with Seat Cushion
The MEDINE MDS86870W, tall walker is designed for people who are 4’11” to 6’4″. The attractive and sturdy steel frame supports has a weight capacity of up to 250 pounds. The handles are easy to grip and lock. The 6-inch wheels are made of sturdy materials that can withstand rugged outdoor terrain. The wide frame is good for users who need more support. This walker weighs just 18 pounds, making it easy to carry around.
The walker features a comfortable padded seat with a backrest to support the upper body. It also features an easily accessible storage compartment that can hold personal belongings such as a wallet or keys while on the move. Lastly, this walker can fold into an easily collapsible unit for convenient storage.
The MEDINE MDS86870W walker provides extra stability and support that is necessary for individuals who are a little shaky on their feet. The handles can be adjusted up to 35 inches tall and have easy-lock brakes.
5. STANDER EZ Fold-N-Go Walker
The STANDER EZ walker is portable and easy to store. This lightweight, 8-pound frame folds 4 times smaller than typical folding walkers. It can support up to 400 pounds so it’s safe for all ages and abilities. It also comes with a nylon pouch for your belongings. And the best part is that the walker has pre-assembled components, meaning you won’t need any tools or screws for assembly.
It can be adjusted from 32 to 38 inches and it’s perfect for users who are 5’6” to 6’3” tall. The handle is padded for additional comfort and stability. This walker comes with 6-inch locking swivel wheels that will make your trip a lot easier. These wheels allow you to move through tight hallways, door frames, and bathrooms without any difficulties.
The STANDER EZ is a great walking companion for you and your loved ones. It’s one of the best mobility products on the market. This product can help you or your loved one gain independence while going on a trip, going shopping, or getting around the house.
6. MEDLINE Aluminum Rollator Walker with Seat
MEDLINE offers a lightweight walker that makes it easy to move around the home, to the park, or to the grocery store. Features include:
- This walker is easily folded up for travellers and can be set up in less than three minutes.
- It has a lightweight aluminum frame with 6-inch wheels that make it easy to navigate tight spaces like doorways and hallways.
- The easy-fold allows for simple storage and transportation.
- It also comes with a built-in grip handle that can be adjusted.
- The walker has a maximum weight capacity of 250 lbs., so it’s ideal for heavier individuals.
- The seat is 20.5″ high, so it’s great for people who need extra support or have limited movement in their hips or ankles, such as those recovering from an injury or surgery.
- It comes with a padded backrest and a built-in handle for added comfort while walking.
- The front wheels can be locked into a straight-ahead position for stability while the user stands, and unlocked to swivel when the user is seated.
7. DRIVE MEDICAL Trigger Release Folding Walker
The DRIVE MEDICAL’s tall walker is made for users of 5’4″ to 6’2″ tall and weighing between 100 and 350 lbs., this sturdy aluminum walker is designed with a U-frame that is 33.5″W x 24″ D x 39” H with cross braces made for heavier users. The handgrip is contoured and ribbed. It has a 5” wheelbase with glide caps on the front of the walker for smooth, controlled walks.
The rear glide caps on this walker enable users to slide into or out of a wheelchair more easily or just step into or out of a vehicle.
The walker comes with adjustable height for users which means you can adjust the height of the handles. The aluminum frame of the DRIVE MEDICAL is cross-framed for added stability and durability. The ends of the walker’s frames are rounded so as not to dig into users’ backs and knees as they maneuver on rough terrain or up and down stairs.
8. MEDLINE PREMIUM Empower Folding Mobility Rollator Walker
This Medline premium rolling walker is for users with mobility-related challenges, such as foot problems (plantar fasciitis), hip pain (painful iliotibial band syndrome), knee pain (runner’s knee) or back problems. It is very lightweight and folds up compactly, so it’s great for traveling or to use in your home.
Made of durable aluminum tubing, this walker supports weights up to 300 pounds and heights of 4′ 11″ to 6′ 4″. With its comfortable padded armrests you’ll have all the support you need. The rolling walker features a padded memory foam seat that swivels. It also has a flip-up padded backrest for added support.
This Medline Premium Walker has an easily operated hand brake. The organizer tray is removable so you can use it on its own or add it to your rolling walker when on the go. The wheels are 8″.
9. HEALTHSMART Walker Rollator with Seat and Backrest
The HEALTHSMART rollator can be used by people weighing under 300 pounds and between 4’11” and 6’2″. It’s good for individuals who cannot bear weight on their knees and who need assistance with household chores. The compact design makes it easy to transport from one room to another. It is lightweight and comes with a removable storage bag.
The backrest has an ergonomic design that helps in achieving a natural upright sitting position. This walker comes with loop-lock handbrakes, which are simple enough to lock or unlock while sitting on the seat or standing. There are adjustable handles that can be set at any height to suit your convenience. With its easy-fold feature, it can be stored or transported easily.
It has 8-inch rubber front wheels, 7-inch rear wheels, integrated cane holder, seat and backrest and a removable storage bag among other features. It is relatively easy to assemble. It is light in weight and has easily accessible features that can be used without any assistance.
10. DRIVE MEDICAL Deluxe Portable Folding Travel Walker
DRIVE MEDICAL DELUXE – this durable walker is made from aluminum and will hold users of up to 300 pounds. It’s half the size of a traditional walker, making it a lot easier to store when not in use. During usage, you’ll find it’s lightweight and easy to fold. The 5-inch wheels glide smoothly over most surfaces, so there’s no need to worry about being unsteady or having difficulty when walking around.
Four elastic cords attached to the legs allow it to fold flat. Two side pouches provide large storage areas. Hook-and-loop fastener straps keep those items securely in place. The two handgrips allow for a comfortable hold while taking pressure off your arms and shoulders. It can be folded up and stored in a “Ready Set Go” pouch for quick access.
Because of its lightweight design and small footprint, you can use the DRIVE MEDICAL DELUXE walker anywhere. The rear glide skis prevent any damage from occurring as you walk across the floor. And the tool-free assembly will have you using this walker in no time at all.
11. KMINA PRO Tall Rollator Walker with seat
The KMINA PRO, a tall walker, is perfect for anyone who needs to keep their upper torso stabilized when they are on their feet. This product has four large 8” wheels which make it easy to walk on all sorts of surfaces. The seat is 24.6” high and includes a backrest for added comfort. The seat also has five different height adjustments that can be done quickly and easily with the help of an adjustment system (37.8″ – 32.9″).
This walker is perfect for people who are taller than 5’9″ or weigh more than 300Ibs. It is able to fold quickly and easily without needing any tools or hardware. It is easy to store and transport because of its compact size.
The walker is made with aluminum which makes it lighter than other tall walkers, yet durable. The product can lie flat easily because of its fabric material. This feature keeps it light in weight while making it durable in construction. It has a zippered pocket to store personal items.
12. OASISSPACE Heavy Duty Bariatric Rollator Walker
The OASISSPACE. is made of a high-quality aluminum frame that can be used for many years. Some of the features are:
- The seat is very comfortable with a backrest and armrest.
- Its wheelbase is wide (1 1/2″), which makes it easier to walk or turn.
- The thick memory foam seat is designed for your comfort.
- The handles are adjustable, between 31″ and 41″. You can adjust handle height.
- It can be folded into a small package easily, so you can travel with it or put it into your car.
- The OASISSPACE walker is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
- High-quality caster 8″ wheels operate smoothly on any surface.
- The frame can be used for many years and has a weight capacity of up to 450 lbs.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
13. HUGO MOBILITY 700-957 Portable Rollator Walker with Seat
The HUGO MOBILITY 700-957 is a high-quality tall walker that can be easily transformed from a walking aid to a seat with a backrest. The chair locks into an adjustable height position. This allows you to set the seat at a comfortable level to work, sit or read. There is also an additional storage bag to keep your personal belongings secure.
This walker has front brakes that offer superior control for confident handling on all surfaces. They are easy to access and use. It folds up quickly and easily and fits into the trunk of most cars. The seat is padded for extra comfort and includes a backrest for additional support.
The big 8 inch wheels are designed to provide more stability, security, and confidence. The larger the wheel, the easier it will be to negotiate cracks, bumps and other uneven surfaces. It also has a slip-resistant rubber coating to ensure your safety even in rainy weather conditions. It fits people between 5′ and 6’2″ in height, who weigh up to 300 lbs.
14. BARIATRIC Heavy-Duty Folding Walker with Wheels for Seniors
The aluminum frame on the BARIATRIC walker is both sturdy and lightweight. The U-shaped frame gives the space needed to move around safely so even if you weigh over 450 pounds, this is still easy to use. There’s also an adjustable handle height from 32-39 inches.
The glide covers allow you to walk freely without having to think about keeping your hands on the handgrips. Simply glide down or up, whichever is most comfortable for you.
The ribbed, contoured handgrips prevent slipping. The cross-frame design keeps everything manageable and strong.
15. HEALTHCARE DIRECT 100RA Steel Rollator Walker
HEALTHCARE DIRECT 100RA is a strong and lightweight walker with a seat height of up to 21 inches. Features include:
- This walker supports up to 350 pounds of weight and is designed for people who need extra stability on their feet.
- It has a padded seat and backrest, as well as sturdy wheels that can withstand any terrain.
- The frame is made from strong, lightweight alloy steel.
- It folds flat for easy storage and transportation, measuring 18 D x 23.75 W x 33 H inches when folded.
- The six-inch wheels allow the walker to go virtually anywhere!
- The walker weighs 19 pounds overall.
- Two handles are available at the front and back of the frame, which are used to adjust the height from 31 – 35 inches tall.
- The HEALTHCARE DIRECT 100RA is perfect for people recovering from a leg injury.
- The water-resistant storage bag ensures that it is easy to carry on any excursion and can be folded flat when not in use.